Vision and Values
At Oasis Skinner Street we believe that it is every pupil's entitlement to an outstanding education. We expect all our teachers to strive to be outstanding.
We are committed to the Oasis Charter and the values and beliefs expressed, its ethos and outcomes:
- We are motivated by the life, message and example of Jesus Christ
- Learning, achievement, personal fulfilment and good citizenship are at the heart of all that we do
- We serve our children, young people, families and local communities with love, optimism, enthusiasm and integrity.
At Oasis Skinner Street we aspire to the following in all of our educational work:
- That every person matters and we value everyone
- We have a passion for learning and we want everyone to achieve their full, God-given potential
- We are committed to community development and will help to increase community cohesion, locally, nationally and globally.
The Academy’s mission is to create an environment where students thrive. At the heart of everything we do are our five values:
- A passion to include everyone
- A desire to treat everyone equally
- A commitment to healthy open relationship
- A deep sense of hope, that things can change and be transformed
- A sense of perseverance to keep going for the long haul
These values are encapsulated within our Academy mission statement: