Sport Premium Funding
What is the Sports Premium?
In April 2013 the Government announced new funding of £150 million for Physical Education (PE) and sport. This funding should be used to improve the quality and breadth of PE and Sport provision. Schools are free to determine how best to use this funding to improve the quality and breadth of PE and Sport provision, including increasing participation in PE and Sport so that all pupils develop healthy lifestyles and reach the performance levels they are capable of.
As of 2017-18, the sport Premium has doubled and Schools with 17 or more eligible pupils receive £16,000 and an additional payment of £10 per pupil.
At Oasis Academy Skinner Street we recognise the contribution of PE to the health and well-being of our students. We believe that an innovative, varied PE curriculum and extra-curricular opportunities have a positive influence on the concentration, attitude and academic achievement all our students.
Vision for PE
Oasis Academy Skinner Street Our vision at OASS is that all children enjoy and develop positive attitudes to Physical Education and sport. Through Physical Education and sport we aim to:
- Improve fitness, health and well-being.
- Promote active participation and lifelong learning.
- Allow each child to fulfil their potential.
Above you will find our report for our Sports Premium Funding.
Key information included within the report includes:
- How much we received
- How we are spending the money this year
- How our premium programme has affected our pupil's PE and sport participation and attainment
- How we intend to ensure these improvements are sustainable.