Our Academy Council members are drawn from a range of backgrounds and are all members of the Academy Council for different reasons. Some of our councillors live or work locally and are interested in helping the Academy to make a positive impact in the community, others have children who attend the Academy, whilst others work for Oasis in other roles.
These individuals come together to provide their collective views on progress and achievement of our objectives; they do not act as representatives but this cross-section ensures we get a mixture of perspectives to improve debate.
Oasis Academy Councils are made up of between 7-15 people. This list is updated every six months or annually and all academy councillors are appointed for a three year term of office unless otherwise stated.
What does the Skinner Street Academy Council do?
- It acts as a key link between the Academy, parents and the local community.
- It champions the work of the Academy in the local community.
- It acts as a sounding board for the Principal and Leadership Team as they plan the future development of the Academy and represents the views of different parts of the school community to influence decision making.
- It keeps an eye on how the plans are implemented, ensuring that the Oasis Ethos remains at the heart of the Academy community.
- It continually reviews the overall impact of the Academy among the people it exists to serve and makes suggestions for improvement.
- It helps on the ground with the implementation of certain Academy policies (e.g. Student Admissions and Behaviour).
- It offers challenging but positive and proactive support to the Principal.
The Academy Council does not have the statutory responsibilities of the Academy, these are held at national level by the OCL Board. All Academy Councillors are appointed by the Oasis Community Learning National Executive.
Contact us to find out more about volunteering as an Academy Councillor and make the difference to your community today!
|Names||Appointed by||Role||Date Appointed||End Date||Business/ Pecuniary Interests||Attendance 2018/19|
|Jentie Weaver||Parent Rep||24/05/2017||23/05/2020||None|
|Clare Wingrave||Sponsor||16/05/2016||15/05/2019||Principal OA Byron|
|Dave Parr||Sponsor||06/06/2016||05/06/2020||CEO OCP|
|Lara Fisher||Sponsor||06/06/2017||05/06/2020||Employee OCL|
|Nicki Webb||Support Staff Rep||13/06/2018||12/06/2021||None|
|Kathy Moon||Sponsor (Community)||14/05/2018||13/05/2021||None|